Monday, September 27, 2010

Where is It?


My "Facebook Friends" post from yesterday brought up some emails as well as one poignant online comment. 

As I try to sort out my own feelings, I keep going back to different versions of the same question: 

Where is it? 

Where is that line between simply witnessing someone's path and choices, respecting them as "perfect for them at this time" (I believe Byron Katie would use these words) and letting our thoughts/fears/opinions take over loudly enough to get in the way - and risk bothering them enough that they slam the door in our faces? 

On the other hand, what about our own path and where is OUR line in exposing our hearts to someone's choices - when we perceive them as  potentially dangerous? 

Yikes... I have no answer and it is not for lack of asking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment