Monday, September 27, 2010

Life is amazing...

So, yes, I have decided to start running and I have invited people to join me and I have recruited some encouragement.

And this morning, I started with my very first baby step and it's been good.

Good except for the voice that kept telling me you know you've started this before. You know you never actually made it to run - even a full mile - without walking. You know ...

And yeah, I know.

But then, in response to my attempt to recruit some company, I received this email today, from Marty. Marty suffered an aneurysm, nine years ago, that has left him paralyzed. This much I knew. This other part... I did not.

With his permission, here is Marty's email:

Laura,

I would love to do it with you but you know I am paralyzed. I was a big runner...Every Thanksgiving I ran a 5k at the city I was at...
It was called the Turkey trot....I ran a 26 mile marathon before It took me a whole year to train for it...I really miss running..:(

Hugs,Marty

Followed a few minutes later, after I told him how much his words got me motivated, by

See I am helping people to get in shape..:)
Hugs,Marty

So well ... yeah. I am sure as heck going to do this, now.

I am going to take these legs of mine that work really well and take these lungs of mine that will adjust and I am going to take all these excuses of mine that are so savvy and I am going to RUN.

I am going to run and when I get whiny, I will think of Marty and get my shoes on and run some more.

Life IS amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment