Saturday, September 25, 2010

That's it. I'm doing it.

I am training to run a 5K by Thanksgiving.

I have been wanting to do this for years - and have started several times - but am now tired of this little bit of "I will do it some day" mind clutter.

Since I can't seem to cross it off my list, I am just gonna do it.

Never mind the "my-lungs-can't-get-enough-air-cause-my-mom-smoked-while-she-was-pregnant-with-me" excuse ... I am just gonna do it.

Never mind that I am not sure where my iPod is. I am just gonna do it.

And I may need help, so feel free to check on me.

Oh... anyone want to take the challenge with me?

5K by Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Google couch to 5k. I ran my fist 5k last Nov and when I started I couldn't run more than 1 minute. I ran my second race last month. Trust yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??? Do you like it, now?

    Ok, I needed this.

    I am heading out for my very first "10 minutes brisk walk" this morning.

    This is the program I am following http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/running/3_mile_training_plan.htm

    Thank you so much for the real live encouragement!

    ReplyDelete