Monday, May 17, 2010

Oversight








Walking by Ron's raised (really raised) beds at the Farmer's Market, I am smitten.

I love the idea of gardening on the deck, right off the kitchen door.

I love the idea of gardening while looking at the Guemes Channel.

I love the idea of no weeds.

More importantly, I love the idea of less slugs and no deer munching away.

I remind myself of all this as I commit to this non-budgeted fun.
The slugs wont make it up there.
The deer wont make it up there.


$$
The slugs wont make it up there.
The deer wont make it up there
.

Ok.

A few hours later, Chris and Ron are loading the beautiful thing up on the deck.

Chris and I spend the rest of the afternoon planting it and I am in heaven.

Finally, all the dirt cleaned up and the plants nestled in their new homes and the seeds tucked under the soil, we sit down to contemplate our work.

And I am so happy thinking that
The slugs wont make it up here.
The deer wont make it up here.


Ahhh....

And then, just like that, Meethra-the-cat jumps up, steps in and admires the wonderful, BIG, new litter box we just got her. 





5 comments:

  1. jealous...I want Craig to build me one of these so bad! Not like we don't have tons of space to garden, but I'm not going to get to it this year unless we do something like this.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get one from Ron. He is so sweet and easy to work with. He will let you make payments and deliver it, too! It will be so fun to do with your kiddies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted mine last weekend...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine suggested bringing it INSIDE for the winter! Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victorea PMay 20, 2010

    Oh my! May I suggest short fencing and some bird netting?

    ReplyDelete