Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Biggest Folder







I get an email from a client whom I like a whole lot.


The last 6 months have been more than a little crazy for her and even though she is amazingly graceful in the midst of it all, she writes to me that "between working full-time, chemo, and just thinking about the past 6 months makes me tired, most days better than others.  I want to sell everything I have, quit my jobs, and go live in a beautiful place somewhere and just rest.  Those thoughts come to me more than any other thought these days."


Those thoughts come to me more than any other thought these days.


Her words hit a chord for me as I became aware, just a few days ago, of the existence of a "big folder," living in my mind. I noticed that in comparison with all the other thoughts that swim in and out of my mind, this folder is definitely the biggest.


It felt funny to think about that. To be aware of the very different thickness of this one folder. 


It invited ... something. 










No comments:

Post a Comment