Thursday, May 21, 2009

Musing

One of my clients regularly sends me her “musings” and I find the term so delightful. It reminds me of “wandering”, not knowing for sure where we will end up. When she says it, it conjures visions of fairy wings.

So today, I am borrowing the term and I know she won’t mind.

Because really, this entry is not going anywhere, I am pretty sure. No conclusion, no bright epiphany, simply an observation, a musing.

I read today that when Natalie Cole was found to need a kidney transplant, dozens of fans emailed her saying that they were going to get tested to see if they could donate.

Such amazing generosity.

I wish my mind had stopped at being awed by the generosity but dang it, it didn’t. It kicked into what I call my “little mind.”

I am not too fond of my “little mind.” It is the one that forgets about our spiritual path for a while. The one that judges, that feels entitled to make assessments. Yuk.

Anyway... “it” went on to perceive some sort of injustice regarding all the everyday people, out there who get on a list and wait. A long, long time. No one volunteers to get tested to see if they can donate. Maybe ‘cause they can’t sing,“it” whispers to me in a syrupy way.

And then “it” goes on to wonder if all these nice people who are ready to give one of their really precious kidneys to someone they have never in person met would ... say ... cosign a loan for their neighbors to buy a car they need.

Then “it” goes on to ask a few other “small minded questions.”

(I told you I don’t like that little mind.)


Pretty soon I am thinking about how nice we can be
to the people who are not the closest to us.


For instance, I regularly hear from my clients (some of them whom I have never met in person) about how wonderful they think I am.

And yet, if you were to ask two of my three kids how they feel about me today ... wonderful would most likely not appear in their top 500 list.

Something feels weird about that.

So, that’s it.

No conclusion, no brilliant inspirational closing to this musing.

Maybe you will send me your own? 

No comments:

Post a Comment