Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Seriously???




It had happened many times before but for some reason, even though it bugged me, I had never asked.
 

Chris, at the stove, preparing some saucy delight and setting the saucy delight spoon right on top of the delightfully white enamel of the stove. One inch away from the perfectly suited,  "spoon holder thingy."

Yesterday was no different:


I had just cleaned the kitchen, including wiping down the stove.
He was reheating one of his amazing BBQ sauces.
 

The saucy spoon was right next to the holder. Rich brown sauce smeared all over pristine white stove.

So I asked.

Feeling more curious than annoyed, I asked.


"Babe, why do you lay the spoon right on the stove instead of on the spoon holder?"
 

(pause)
 

Then, his answer:
"Well, I did not want to get that thingy on the stove dirty."


There we have it. 

Al Turtle would smile and say "you see? we all make sense, all the time."