Monday, August 9, 2010

For Us the "Unemployables"


So there I was, on a rainy August Monday, juggling numbers to figure out how I was going to pay for the new printing of my book.

As always, the figuring out got figured out but not until I spent a few minutes cursing this unemployable streak of mine: Laura, why can't you just work for someone? Do you know how nice a regular paycheck could be? Do you know how amazing "benefits" are? Do you?

Truthfully, I don't. But many parts of it (the regular paycheck being waaay on top of the list) do sound pretty nice.

And then it was the middle of the afternoon. And the figuring out had left me a just a little tired. The rain falling softly on the deck was lulling me to a slower pace.

So, just like that, without even having to tell a soul, I ran myself a nice hot bath and got ready for a great, luxurious, decadent post-soak nap.

On Monday afternoon.