Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Writing this "hot."

I am writing this "hot." No pondering and no waiting until I cool down.


I just got off the air where I hosted Yossi Ghinsberg and had the privilege of listening to his story, told in the most beautiful way.


2/3 of the way through the interview, I noticed that someone was trying to get on the air and most likely ask Yossi a question. I decided to let the call through since I was too dreamy from Yossi's words to ask him anything intelligent anyway.


As soon as I heard the caller's voice, I felt that I had broken the spell and wished I had not taken the call. And then, within seconds, the caller was voicing the rudest, unrelated comments on the air. I clicked him off.


Yossi had not understood the comments and we were able to go on with the show but something in me feels sad, mad and grossed out.


This kind of stuff rarely (never?) happens to me and I guess I have not built the immunity, yet.


I understand that as the show grows, the net widens and that with it comes ... different flavors.


I get it. I will be "back in my own business" shortly.


And oh, make a cup of tea and listen to Yossi ... just try and ignore these strange seconds, 2/3 of the way through.


XOX