Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's not so bad...







For the last several years, Tanissa has been telling us how much she wants a tattoo.


Over the years - and through various hormone-induced teenage phases - the tattoo's topic could have varied. Greatly.


And so yesterday, 45 minutes after she turned 18 and as I held her hand while some (very talented) man forever altered the perfect little body she was born with, I reminded myself that really ... it was pretty sweet. 


As she gets ready to graduate and fly away to Brazil ... she takes with her the names of her two brothers, entwined with her own. 



2 comments:

  1. Yikes! My brittee keeps threatening to get a tattoo! You are the coolest to be so supportive...I am trying to be but it's so FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. But hey, it's forever the names of her brothers... better than ... many alternatives I can think of (such as "F*#$ Parents" when she was 14)!

    ReplyDelete