Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chocolate Resolutions








I am driving home from Seattle, fully aware that after a few days of truffle gnocchi, sautéed wild mushrooms, hot beignets, coconut-curry chocolate chunks, BBQ pork, 3-cheese baguette, Indian dosa, baklava and more ... it is time to slow down and lose a few pounds. 


I can do it.


I am determined. 


Salads. Green smoothies. No sugar. A daily hike.


I can do it. Starting ... right now.


A little while later, I pick up my kids so that we may head home for an afternoon of Mother's Day sweetness.


Marco gets in the back of the car, carrying a huge chocolate cake he just made. For me.


He is beaming.


And so, without waiting to get home, I turn around and run my finger along the edge of his beautiful creation and get myself a mouthful of chocolatey gooey Mother's Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment