Thursday, January 14, 2010

Men...

I am blessed with two very, very, very kind men in my life.

One is my son and as of very recently, he almost qualifies as a man.
The other is the man with whom I share a whole lot of my life.

Their kindness takes on all sorts of forms and every time, melts me.

And I love telling them of my appreciation.

But they don't always like to hear it.

I am thinking of last week when the older one of the two seemed so uncomfortable after I finished telling him how very nice I thought he was. He looked at me and said: "I am NOT nice."

And I am thinking of last night, when I thanked the younger one of the two for doing something for me and told him how kind I thought he was.

In all his teen glory, he turned to me and said: "I am NOT kind. I am bad @$$."

No comments:

Post a Comment