Monday, November 30, 2009

No Thanks

The phone rings and the school nurse reminds me that one of my kids "needs his shots."

Being familiar with the process, I simply answer: "Ok, please send me the personal waiver form so that I may sign it and return it to you."

As I hang up the phone, I - as I have many times for the past 18 years - mentally thank the doctor who told me years ago that "no matter how authoritative and mandatory the whole vaccine lingo is, all you have to do is sign a personal waiver." Which basically is a fancy and legal way of saying "No, thank you."

I am not writing this to influence anyone on their choice of vaccination or non vaccination. Not at all.

I am writing this because I want to shout loudly and to anyone who wants to hear that sometimes, all it takes is saying "No Thanks."

No need to explain why, a simple "No Thanks" is often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment