Friday, November 13, 2009

Conversation starter...

From Becky Blanton who will be my guest on Dec 8:

From Becky Blanton: I think it's an attitude. I meet a lot of people who live in their cars so they can surf, climb, camp or whatever. Being in our 20's and 30's and being footloose and free is "okay," - like traveling cross country after college to "see the country" is an adventure. Doing it in your 50's to "find a job" is being homeless. Why? We define ourselves and I think that's important for people to realize - that THEY control their reality. If you are laid off and think, "Oh my god, I'm unemployed and have no income, I'm going to lose my home, my car....etc." and you panic - then you become "homeless." But if you are laid off and think, "Wow, not what I want to have happened, but now I've got other options - what are they? How will I define myself now? What do I want to DO now?" Then you take control of your circumstances. I think attitude is everything and that's the point I want to make. Not everyone will get it....but it will be interesting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment