Monday, October 5, 2009

Gravy Lava and Celery Generals.

Sunday afternoon. Chris and I are waking up from a sweet nap, sun streaming through the window.


I look at him and he seems pensive, a slight smile on his lips.


Because I am a woman, I ask: "What are you thinking about?"


Because I am a woman, I know he must be thinking about how wonderful this moment is - possibly even about how much he loves me.


He turns to me and answers.


"I am thinking about a mountain of meat."


Yikes.


Maybe to appease my puzzled look, he adds:


"You know, with gravy lava coming down the sides."


Within minutes, he is up and on his way to the grocery store.


Then in the kitchen. For quite a while.


And then, as we all sit,  ready for a great Sunday dinner, he and Marco gently set ... a volcano in the
center of the table.


I am talking about a deliciously seasoned meat volcano. With rich gravy lava trickling from the top and down the sides of the volcano ... all the way down to a sea of buttery mashed potatoes.


And because I always want us to have vegetables ...  five celery-and-cherry-tomato-generals look on, celery feet firmly planted into the mashed potatoes.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment